The syllabus for the engineering with rubber course will broadly include the following topics;
- Polymers, Elastomers and Rubbers – What are they? Which elastomers are commonly used in tyre and non-tyre products? Introduction of issues related to materials selection
- The use of strain energy functions to show how general deformations can be modelled or analysed during product design.
- Physics of Rubber Elasticity Building up an elasticity model from a consideration of a single molecule to represent the behaviour of a macromolecular network.
- ISO and ASTM test methods
- Material and Product Characterization Testing
- Test Methods and Testing Machines
- How to design rubber components with a consideration of the incompressibility constraints and other factors.
5) Question and Answers Session.