Standardized Material Tests and Individual Customer Specifications
The table below is a sampling of the standardized tests that AdvanSES offers. We also test as per individual customer specifications and standards. With the assistance of our design department and our full service in-house machine-shop, we are able to design and fabricate specialized fixtures for your unique testing needs related to engineering parts and components.
1. ASTM D638 – Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastic
2. ASTM D882 – Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting
3. ASTM D412 – Standard Test Methods for Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomers in Tension
4. ASTM 5992 – Standard for Dynamic Testing of Vulcanized Rubber and Rubber-Like Materials Using Vibratory Methods. Tan delta, storage modulus, loss modulus testing.
5. ASTM D430 – Standard Test Methods for Rubber Deterioration—Dynamic Fatigue
6. ASTM D573 – Standard Test Method for Rubber—Deterioration in an Air Oven
7. ASTM D624 – Standard Test Method for Tear Strength of Conventional Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomers
8. ISO 6943 – Determination of Tension Fatigue of Rubber and Polymer materials
9. ASTM D395 – Standard Test Methods for Rubber Property—Compression Set
10. ASTM D6147, ISO 3384 – Standard Test Methods for polymer and Rubber Property—Compression Stress Relaxation
11. ASTM D575 – Standard Test Methods for Rubber Properties in Compression
12. ASTM D2990 – Standard Test Methods for Tensile, Compressive, and Flexural Creep and Creep-rupture of Plastics
13. ASTM D1709 – Standard Test Method for Drop Impact Test
14. ASTM D7264 – Flexural Properties of Composites
15. ASTM D3410 – Compression of Composites
16. Hyperelastic Material Characterization for CAE. Mooney-Rivlin, Ogden, Yeoh etc. Constants.
17. Plastic Material Characterization for CAE
18. ASTM E399 and ASTM E1820 – Fracture Toughness Testing
19. High Cycle Fatigue HCF Testing
20. Low Cycle Fatigue LCF Testing
21. ASTM E647 – Measurement of Fatigue Crack Growth Rates (da/dN)